Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chamomile tea

A lovely friend sent me some "Egyptian Chamomile", and it came un-bagged and close to its original form, which I thought was very cool!
I have never seen real chamomile anythings before (not that I was ever looking).

It has a tinge of sweetness when you sniff it, kind of like honey, but of course the tea doesn't come out sweet in taste...and a strong flowery scent, not flat. it definitely tastes different from processed chamomile tea in a teabag. These flowers yield a tea that tastes less bitter and less grassy... perhaps this is what you call fresh-tasting tea? I'm no tea connoisseur, but it tastes much better and "gentler" than ones I've had before. Its a nice end to the evening, especially when its chilly! It reminds me to be thankful for the kindness of good friends, and also encourages me to take time to reflect on the day ;)

I put the flowers and bits into empty satchets because there are tons of little bits (which I'm sure are edible anyway). The satchets are some japanese brand (I only recognise the word ''tea" on the packaging) and I never got a chance to use them properly until now!
The tea comes out a strong, clear yellow.


Posted via email from Lin-Li's posterous

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by at my blog the other. Your blog is beautiful and you take beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete