I love the local library here!
It's a great place to hang out, there are lots of community programs taking place there- learn to read programs, book clubs, story time for kids, people milling about...
Things I love about it :
1) The marble steps that are worn down by the many decades of use. It is a historic building, and feels like it (while having modern amenities).
2) Free internet ( a modern amenity)
3) "crazy mocha" cafe - italian sodas and coffee :) (see above)
4) glimpses of antiquity- the ornate sitting well with the modern
5) helpful, friendly staff - one of whom gave me a quick tour when he saw me photographing, and showed me the "original' tile floor they found (and have now preserved) while doing renovations at the library.
6) great book selection - new stuff old stuff , books are well-featured on tables
7) lots of comfy chairs, loungers, comfy leather arm chairs, rocking chairs... and good reading lights placed next to them (how considerate is that!) ..did i mention its comfy?
8) borrow 50 items - DVDs, CDs, books, magazines...
The only thing missing now is a library cat! Such things do exist http://spencerlibrary.com/deweybio.htm
Gotta love the CARNEGIE LIBRARY!
Visit or donate soon!
Many other great nooks, but I decided to let people read in peace. Shhhh...
Feel free to share YOUR library experience!